What is it about a great salad with a toothsome hunk of protein on top? Satisfyingly crisp and refreshing, yet hearty, I could have one for lunch or dinner every day, especially during the warm weather months.
Total time:0 Minutes
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, trimmed and cut or torn into bite-sized pieces (you should have 7 or 8 cups)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2/3 cup croutons, homemade or store-bought
- 6 tablespoons Caesar salad dressing, homemade or store-bought, or more to taste
- Two 4- to 6-ounce cooked salmon fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper, for serving
Use a vegetable peeler to cut the cheese into thick shaves (you should have about 1/3 cup). Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, carrot, croutons, and dressing. Arrange the salad on plates and top with the cheese. Break up the salmon and arrange it on top. Serve immediately, passing the pepper grinder at the table.