A refreshing summer salad if there ever was one. Sweet, yes, but with so much more going on. For tips for picking an amazing melon, see this post.
Total time:0 Minutes
Serves 6 to 8
- 3 limes, divided, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey, or more to taste
- 8 cups diced ripe cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, whatever type you like, or a combination
- 2 small red or green chiles, seeded if desired, hot if desired, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
Cut one of the limes into wedges or slices and set aside.
Zest the remaining two limes. Squeeze the zested limes to yield 2 tablespoons of juice. In a large bowl, whisk together the zest, juice, oil, and honey. Add the melon and chiles and toss gently. Add more lime juice, olive oil, honey, and salt to taste.
Serve cold or room temperature, garnished with the lime wedges or slices.