You can experiment with different combinations of fruits and nuts, but this one is definitely delicious.
Total time:0 Minutes
Makes about 6 1/2 cups
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups (4 ounces) sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons brown rice syrup or light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons sunflower, safflower, grapeseed, or other neutral-flavored oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
Preheat an oven to 300°F.
Arrange the oats on a large, rimmed baking sheet and bake until the lightly toasted, about 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the almonds, coconut, and salt. In a small bowl, combine the rice syrup, oil, and almond extract.
Stir the toasted oats into the almond mixture. Add the syrup mixture, stirring to thoroughly combine.
Spread the granola evenly onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Use a spatula to loosen the granola on the pan, then set aside to cool.
Stir in the cherries, then store in an airtight container.