A refreshing summer salad if there ever was one. Sweet, yes, but with so much more going on. For tips for picking an amazing melon, see this post.
Total time:0 Minutes
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 limes, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey, or more to taste
- 8 cups diced ripe cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, whatever type you like, or a combination
- 2 small red chiles, seeded if desired, hot if desired, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Salt to taste
Zest the limes. Squeeze the zested limes to yield 2 tablespoons of juice. In a large bowl, whisk together the zest, juice, olive oil, and honey. Add the melon, chiles, and onion and gently toss. Add more lime juice, olive oil, honey, and salt to taste.
Serve cold or room temperature.