Paired with a salad or a sandwich, this soup makes a simple-yet-delicious summertime meal. For something more elegant, serve it with cold poached salmon.
Total time:0 Minutes
- 3 cucumbers (about 2 1/4 pounds), peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, or more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
In a blender or food processor, combine the cucumber, onion, buttermilk, yogurt, mint leaves, mustard, and salt and puree, scraping down the jar or bowl as necessary. Taste and pepper add more salt if you like. Chill well before serving.