If you’re looking to wow someone, look no further. Ridiculously easy to make, super snazzy to serve, this soup is a silky pale green garnished with avocado pieces, flecks of fresh dill, and a succulent pile of pink crab. Nice.
Total time:0 Minutes
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 limes
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups kefir or non-Greek style yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and deveined, or more to taste
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 large avocados, peeled and pitted, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 ounces cooked lump crab meat, picked over
Zest the limes. Squeeze the limes to yield 2 tablespoons of juice. In the bowl of a food processor or the jar of a blender, combine the lime zest, lime juice, buttermilk, kefir, cucumber, jalapeno, garlic, and 1 1/2 avocados and process to puree, scraping down the bowl or jar as necessary. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon of the dill and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least an hour. (You can keep the soup up to about a day, storing it covered in the refrigerator.)
Dice the remaining 1/2 avocado. Divide the soup among shallow bowls and mound some of the crab in the center of each. Garnish with the diced avocado and the remaining 1 tablespoon of dill and serve.