Is it me or is it the inundation of social media, blogs, posts, and e-news?
It just seems that, this year especially, there’s been a flood of lists of gift suggestions for cooks and foodies. So instead of creating yet-another, my gift to you is to put a few favorites into one handy lists of lists.
1. The Kitchn’s 10 Stocking Stuffers Under $10, 10 Inspiring and Useful Gifts for New Cooks, and Best Cookbooks of 2012
I completely confess to being in love with all things The Kitchn. This site—and their gift suggestions—is simply the perfect mix of useful and informative, fun and whimsical, design-y and cool, and friendly.
2. Serious Eats’s Guide of Gift Guides
This jam-packed list of all their gift lists includes ideas for the hot dog lover in your life (doesn’t everybody have one?), the cheese lover, the gluten-free, the beer lover, ice cream lover, pizza lover, and gadget-ophile—to name just a few. Note that some of these lists are from previous holiday seasons.
3. Real Simple’s 16 Edible Gifts for Food Lovers
Not making your own truffles this year? Then go for the next best thing—an edible gift made by someone else. Some really delectable ideas here—Momofuku Frankenpie, anyone?
4. Relish’s Holiday Gift Guide 2012, plus their Cook’s Edition, Food Lover’s Edition, and Stocking Stuffer Edition guides
Some of the suggestions are a little schmaltzy, but there are more than a few nice nuggets here as well.
5. Ruth Reichl’s Gift Guide
Reichl, the former editor of Gourmet magazine, has been featuring one gift item per day on her blog. Some exquisite, exquisite things here. Some are not for the faint-of-wallet.
7. And finally—forgive me I can’t resist—a mini-list of a few of my go-tos:
The Olive Press olive oil—especially their olio nuovo and their citrus-infused oils
Poco Dolce chocolate—especially their tiles and bars
The Meadow salts—especially their salt starter set